What are Atmer anti-static additives?
Atmer anti-static additives are used in applications where static protection is needed such as food and beverage and cosmetics packaging to prevent dust attraction that can affect the performance or appearance of the parts. These migrating additives are available in different formats depending on the application requirements:
- Short and medium term for when anti-static performance of up to 12 months is needed
- Concentrates for easier dosing with similar melting point to the host polymer
- Amine-free concentrates for when long-term performance and amine free chemistry is preferred
Why choose Atmer anti-static additives?
Atmer anti-static additives offer multiple benefits including:
- They can be added to the polymer as a masterbatch, during compounding or directly during extrusion, making them a versatile additive to use
- Anti-static effect achieved with low addition levels, making them a cost-effective choice
- Wide range of food contact approvals, making them safe to use in food applications
- No negative effect on clarity or mechanical properties of the plastic, making them a reliable choice to include in your process
Watch this demonstration video
Anti-static benefits by Atmer
Product finderExplore our Atmer anti-static additives
What are Atmer anti-fog additives?
Atmer anti-fog additives are used in applications where temperature differentials cause small water droplets to form on a plastic surface that can cause clarity and transparency issues, such as in food packaging and on agricultural films. These additives allow water to spread across the surface of films and form a continuous and uniform layer that improves light transmission and transparency.
Why choose Atmer anti-fogging for your food packaging films
Atmer anti-fog additives offer an anti-fogging effect in packaging for both hot and cold foods such as roast chickens, refrigerated salads and fruit where short-term performance is needed. They offer the following benefits:
- Reduced appearance of condensation
- Packaged food is more visible and appealing to consumers at the point of sale
Why choose Atmer anti-fogging for your agricultural films
Agricultural films such as greenhouse and mulch films are prone to fogging due to the temperature fluctuations in the environments that they are used in. Atmer anti-fog additives therefore offer a valuable solution, providing long-term benefits such as:
- Better light transmission through the film to plants, leading to increased plant growth rates and crop yields
- Reduced water dripping that can cause produce to decay
- Reduced lensing effect of sunlight that can cause crops to burn
Anti-fog benefits by Atmer
Product FinderExplore out Atmer anti-fog additives
Anti-static additivesPermanent and migratory anti-static additives
Permanent and migratory anti-static additives to reduce static build up in polymersRead more
Anti-fogging additivesSpeciality polymer additives producing an anti-fogging effect
Anti-fog additives to reduce fog on film surfaces resulting in maintained transparency and light transmissionRead more