What applications are Ionphase additives used for?
Ionphase IDPs can be used in applications such as:
- Electronics packaging
- Interior automotive parts
- Chemical packaging
- Household appliances
- Equipment used in areas where protection is needed against the risk of electrostatic discharge (ESD) or explosions
Why choose Ionphase additives over other IDPs on the market?
Common permanent anti-static agents include carbon black, conductive fibres and nanomaterials. These materials can have negative effects when incorporated into the polymer such as:
- Affecting the properties of the host polymer, for example colour or mechanical properties
- Non-uniform distribution causing cold or hot spots on conductivity
- Grounding is required for safe use
- Material can contaminate packed goods
As well as not causing these negative effects on the host polymer, Ionphase permanent anti-static additives have added benefits including:
- State of the art static control in a variety of plastics and applications
- Excellent processability and surface quality
- No stickiness of produced parts
- No halogens, RoHS approved
- Plastics colouring and transparent articles possible
How do you choose the best permanent anti-static additive for your application?
In the static dissipative range of anti-static technology, where Ionphase additives find their use, the resistivity is related to the end application and safety requirements of the polymer. Certain applications require specific surface resistivity such as:
- 1E8 Ω to 1E9 Ω when EX safety is a priority
- 1E9 Ω to 1E11 Ω for ESD protection
- 1E10 Ω to 1E12 Ω for optimum dust control
The level of resistivity that can be achieved using the Ionphase products can be controlled by varying the addition level.
SpecialChem presents a Croda educational webinar
Smart static control for your transparent applications
Anti-static additivesPermanent and migratory anti-static additives
Permanent and migratory anti-static additives to reduce static build up in polymersRead more
Electronic materialsSpeciality ingredients for electronic applications
Enhancing processing efficiency and product performance in various electronic materialsRead more