What applications are Ionphase additives used for?
Ionphase IDPs can be used in applications such as:
- Electronics packaging
- Interior automotive parts
- Chemical packaging
- Household appliances
- Equipment used in areas where protection is needed against the risk of electrostatic discharge (ESD) or explosions
Why choose Ionphase additives over other IDPs on the market?
Common permanent anti-static agents include carbon black, conductive fibres and nanomaterials. These materials can have negative effects when incorporated into the polymer such as:
- Affecting the properties of the host polymer, for example colour or mechanical properties
- Non-uniform distribution causing cold or hot spots on conductivity
- Grounding is required for safe use
- Material can contaminate packed goods
As well as not causing these negative effects on the host polymer, Ionphase permanent anti-static additives have added benefits including:
- State of the art static control in a variety of plastics and applications
- Excellent processability and surface quality
- No stickiness of produced parts
- No halogens, RoHS approved
- Plastics colouring and transparent articles possible
How do you choose the best permanent anti-static additive for your application?
In the static dissipative range of anti-static technology, where Ionphase additives find their use, the resistivity is related to the end application and safety requirements of the polymer. Certain applications require specific surface resistivity such as:
- 1E8 Ω to 1E9 Ω when EX safety is a priority
- 1E9 Ω to 1E11 Ω for ESD protection
- 1E10 Ω to 1E12 Ω for optimum dust control
The level of resistivity that can be achieved using the Ionphase products can be controlled by varying the addition level.
SpecialChem presents an anti-static educational webinar
Smart static control for your transparent applications
Anti-static additivesPermanent and migratory anti-static additives
Permanent and migratory anti-static additives to reduce static build up in polymersRead more
Electronic materialsSpeciality ingredients for electronic applications
Enhancing processing efficiency and product performance in various electronic materialsRead more
Ionphase explainer videosWhat are Inherently Dissipative Polymers?
Learn more about the use of Ionphase anti-static additivesWatch the videos