Crodacid DC1195 is a 100% bio-based azelaic acid. This bio-based C9 saturated linear dicarboxylic acid is commonly known as azelaic acid or 1,9-nonane dioic acid. It is used as a monomer for the modification of high-performance and high molecular weight polymers such as polyamides, polyesters and polyurethane resins.
Product FinderLearn more about Crodacid
Why choose Crodacid DC1195?
Crodacid DC1195 has been carefully selected to offer enhanced performance properties in highly demanding applications such as transportation, electronics, sportswear, textiles and furniture laminates. These enhanced performance properties include:
- Improved flexibility
- Lower melting point
- Reduced moisture uptake and good hydrolytic stability
- Better solubility and low solution viscosity
- 100% renewable carbon content
- Low colour and high clarity
- Better dye receptivity
- Abrasion resistance
- Excellent purity for enhanced mechanical properties
Crodacid DC1195 can be used to prepare or modify nylon and polyamide hotmelt adhesives. Polyamides, such as Nylon 6,9, made with Crodacid DC1195 give polyamide manufacturers the optimum balance of benefits of different Nylon types with one product, offering:
- Good water resistance properties, like Nylon 6,12 and Nylon 12
- Good mechanical properties, like Nylon 6,6 and Nylon 6
- Low melting point required for flexibility in the polyamides manufacturing process
Polyamide hotmelt modification
Crodacid DC1195 improves the low-temperature impact strength of the polymer without sacrificing high temperature performance. It increases the crystallinity and melting point of dimer-based hotmelt adhesives.
Engineering plasticsEnhancing performance of engineering plastics
Our building blocks and polymer additives enhance performance in a wide range of engineering plastics, including polyesters, polycarbonate and polyamidesRead more
Adhesives and sealantsIngredients for high-performance adhesives and sealants
Our ingredients bring durability and enhanced adhesion strength to multiple substratesRead more